What's Growing On at Easy Pickin's Orchard?
*UPDATE* 5/7/21: spring is here !
* MARKET SEASON is beginning ! First to start up, as always, is Ellington Farmers' Market.
Saturday mornings, 9am-12noon, Arbor Park in "downtown" Ellington. Begins May 8th !!
See the details below. We'll add the listings for other markets we attend as they come along.
* PLANNING FOR A SEASON OF EATING LOCAL: CSA !
You can still sign up NOW for a 20-week "share" in our CSA program --
weekly pick-ups mid-June though October.
For more info, visit our CSA page (click on the link).
* OTHER WAYS TO EAT LOCAL: PYO ! (stay tuned ...)
If picking-your-own fruit & veggies is your favorite way to get your local produce,
then watch for updates here to see what we have when.
We always open with BLUEBERRIES in mid-July ... watch for that !
In the time of COVID-19, we're working to make sure you can enjoy our fresh produce safely;
we'll post a few rules you need to know if you're planning to come see us at the farm.
Check Us Out at These Farmers' Markets !
Suffield Farmers' Market: ** watch for 2021 dates ! **
Saturdays: 9am - 12noon - mid-June thru Columbus Day Weekend
Suffield Town Green - Corner of South Main & Mountain Road
Coventry Farmers' Market: ** 2021 dates & details coming **
Sundays: June 6th through October
Nathan Hale Homestead - 2299 South Street, Coventry
Click on this link for the Coventry Farmers' Market website.
Ellington Farmers' Market:
Saturdays, 9am - 12noon
May 8th through October
Arbor Park (Main Street / Route 286)
For More Information:
Links to more info on these & other local farmers' markets:
CT Dept. of Agriculture: About Farmers' Markets
CT Dept. of Agriculture: Listing of Farmers' Markets
CT Grown (UConn Extension's "Farm to Community" program)
& see more about CT's "Locally Grown & Produced" items here !
When you come to Easy Pickin's Orchard, PLEASE REMEMBER:
Cash or check preferred: at the farm *&* farm markets, especially for smaller purchases. But YES, we can accept credit & debit cards.
No pets please in our food growing & production areas -- state regulations.
Please use our wagons for produce only -- they are not safe for children. If you bring small children, we welcome you to bring your own strollers or wagons to take them out picking with you.
We live on a QUIET, RESIDENTIAL STREET; our neighbors have kids & dogs; so do we. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY & with CAUTION - 25mph or less. We appreciate it!
Keeping Us All Safe & Healthy at Easy Pickin’s:
Pick-Your-Own & Farm Stand Rules
KEEP IT CLEAN: Stop the Spread of Germs !
* We’re being careful to keep things clean & sanitized; help us by doing your part.
* Wash your hands BEFORE you start picking & shopping here; the sink next to the Port-a-Pot, with soap & paper towels, is for you to use.
* Don’t leave trash/litter in the field or parking lot, or at the stand. Show a little love & respect: use our trash cans, or take your trash home.
Give EVERYONE Plenty of Space – at least 6’ !
* At the STAND, the signs & cones will help you keep your distance from others. Families checking out should have ONE person stand in line while the rest move away from the stand to reduce crowding.
* While you are PICKING or anywhere in the field / orchard, give OTHER folks plenty of room. And keep your group together, especially kids; make sure your kids don’t wander close to other folks.
WEAR A MASK: So We Can All Breathe Easier !
* At the stand, and whenever you are within 6’ (SIX FEET) of other people, you MUST wear a mask that covers your mouth & nose. This applies everywhere on the farm. We will do the same for you !
CONTAINERS: For Your Picking & Purchases
* You may bring your OWN bags, boxes, & other containers from home for your picking & purchases, as long as they are CLEAN; we also have bags & boxes for your use.