What's Growing On at Easy Pickin's Orchard?
still plenty of apples for picking, & pick veggies while you can !
* FARMERS' MARKETS still busy (details below);
Ellington & Coventry Markets go to the end of October; Ellington's winter season starts in late November.
* You can also shop at the farm: order ahead from our SHOP page, & pick up here,
or see what we have at the stand).
* What's available for pick-your-own now ?
Fall RASPBERRIES are almost done; you can still pick sweet Asian pears a bit longer tho' ...
APPLE varieties: the whole orchard is open for picking; Jonagold, Golden Delicious & Mutsu, Macouns & McIntosh ae all in good supply. Some other mid-season varieties still out there, too - it's worth exploring the orchard !
VEGGIES: We have carrots, leeks & rainbow Swiss chard - but you REALLY want to pick peppers & tomatoes ASAP, because the first frost is coming soon !
PYO HERBs include the savory autumn flavors: sage, thyme, oregano, parsley.
* At the stand: half-bushel baskets of kitchen-grade apples for baking, sauce & canning !
We usually have some veggies on hand, too.
We do our best to make sure you can enjoy our fresh produce safely;
we have a few rules you need to know if you're planning to come see us at the farm.
Check Us Out at These Farmers' Markets !
Suffield Farmers' Market: DONE for the season
Saturdays: 9am-12noon - mid-June thru Columbus Day Weekend
Suffield Town Green - Corner of South Main & Mountain Road
Coventry Farmers' Market:
Sundays: 10am-1pm - June 6th through October
Nathan Hale Homestead - 2299 South Street, Coventry
Click on this link for the Coventry Farmers' Market website.
Ellington Farmers' Market:
Saturdays, 9am - 12noon - May 8th through October
Arbor Park (Main Street / Route 286)
For More Information:
Links to more info on these & other local farmers' markets:
CT Dept. of Agriculture: About Farmers' Markets
CT Dept. of Agriculture: Listing of Farmers' Markets
CT Grown (UConn Extension's "Farm to Community" program)
& see more about CT's "Locally Grown & Produced" items here !
When you come to Easy Pickin's Orchard, PLEASE REMEMBER:
Cash or check preferred: at the farm *&* farm markets, especially for smaller purchases. But YES, we can accept credit & debit cards.
No pets please in our food growing & production areas -- state regulations.
Please use our wagons for produce only -- they are not safe for children. If you bring small children, we welcome you to bring your own strollers or wagons to take them out picking with you.
We live on a QUIET, RESIDENTIAL STREET; our neighbors have kids & dogs; so do we. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY & with CAUTION - 25mph or less. We appreciate it!
Keeping Us All Safe & Healthy at Easy Pickin’s:
Pick-Your-Own & Farm Stand Rules
KEEP IT CLEAN: Stop the Spread of Germs !
* We’re being careful to keep things clean & sanitized; help us by doing your part.
* Wash your hands BEFORE you start picking & shopping here; the sink next to the Port-a-Pot, with soap & paper towels, is for you to use.
* Don’t leave trash/litter in the field or parking lot, or at the stand. Show a little love & respect: use our trash cans, or take your trash home.
Give EVERYONE Plenty of Space – at least 6’ !
* At the STAND, keep your distance from others while shopping & checking out. Families should have ONE person stand in line & the rest move away to reduce crowding.
* While you are PICKING or anywhere in the field / orchard, give OTHER folks plenty of room. And keep your group together, especially kids.
Here's to a healthy season for ALL of us !
* We are an all-ages, family-friendly place, and we want everyone, customers & staff, to feel safe & at ease picking, shopping & working here. Let's be considerate of each other, & make this a good year for all.
CONTAINERS: For Your Picking & Purchases
* You may bring your OWN bags, boxes, & other containers from home for your picking & purchases, as long as they are CLEAN; we also have bags & boxes for your use.