the season is heating up,
and we've got what's cool:
* "Weekly Welcome" CSA share
* a la carte veggies & berries to order
READ ON for the delicious details !
Dear Easy Pickin's customers & friends,
The fresh, local produce season is heating up -- veggies & berries are ripening in the fields, and we want to share the bounty with you !
This week we're offering 2 great ways to purchase our produce here at the farm -- by ordering ahead online !
* 1-week CSA share: a menu-friendly combo of our best stuff this week;
* a variety of items to order a la carte if you'd rather "pick & choose."
Here are the details on how it works, followed by a list of all the goodies we're offering this week.
How our ONLINE ORDERING works:
(see the link below)
1) Choose your purchases:
shares: FULL ($30 - family of 3-4)
or HALF ($17 - 1-2 people),
&/or individual items "a la carte."
See the list for what's on offer: salad & cooking greens & veggies, & raspberries !
2) Choose a pick-up day:
at the farm: 46 Bailey Road, Enfield
THURSDAY 7/6 - 4:00-6:30pm
orders due: THURSDAY 7/6, 8:00am
SATURDAY 7/8 - 9:00am - 12noon
orders due: FRIDAY 7/7, 8:00am
3) Pay when you pick up:
We now accept payments by credit & debit card as well as by check or cash.
Here's the link to the order form:
Easy Pickin's Online Order Form
It's easy; just fill in the quantities & varieties of each item you want to order, & hit SUBMIT.
It will also ask you for:
* your name & e-mail address,
* PHONE NUMBER where we can reach you.
What's in the "Weekly Welcome" share ?
* Bok Choy: Classic, best-known "Asian green" -- long green leaves with a white rib. Ideal for many recipes: steamed, stir-fry, soup. Also good raw & crisp in a coleslaw-type salad.
# guide to bok choy:
# stir-fry guide:
* Tatsoi (full shares only): Another versatile "Asian green," darker green, spoon-shaped leaves on a white rib. Vibrant flavor; superb in stir-fry, sauté or soup, or added to salads.
# advice on "Asian greens" -- keep this handy when working with bok choy, tatsoi, or several other items mentioned here:
* small European "summer" cabbage: NOT the size you use for stuffed cabbage. Great for slaw & salad; crisp-yet-tender texture; also good for a quick stir-fry.
* Peas !! shell peas *OR* sugar snaps; ASK WHICH KIND YOU HAVE SO YOU'LL KNOW HOW TO USE THEM !
* shell peas: you have to "shell" these (remove the pods). A classic early-summer veggie: steam lightly & add butter, or add them to tossed salad, macaroni salad, pasta with cream sauce, etc.
* sugar snaps: these you eat whole, pods & all. Delicious in stir-fry, or very lightly steamed; you can also snack on them raw, plain or with dip / dressing.
HOW TO TELL WHAT YOU'VE GOT: Shell pea pods have a "fibrous" texture, & a "string" along the seam; bite into one, and you'll know you don't want to nibble on it. And, of course, check the board when you pick up, and ASK US !!
* Lettuce: might be any of several varieties -- red & green leaf, romaine, butterhead ...
* Green onions aka scallions
FRUIT: Summer Raspberries for all, plus STRAWBERRIES in the FULL shares.
Summer's on, & there's no excuse not to eat FRESH & LOCAL !
Order up what works for your week of good eating, & come get it from us. Hope to see you soon !
-- Farmer B.
& the Easy Pickin's crew
46 Bailey Road - Enfield, CT 06082
Email us: email@example.com
with questions, comments, or concerns.